Prev: Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report Next: Re: A Stealth Primer (and [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames")

Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:44:08 -0600
Subject: Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

More to the point, I'd say:

Remember GZG games are non-background-specific, though Jon is delighted
when we buy his figs...

6) Use a GZG system in concert with a non-GZG game. Fight escorted
transport ship approaches to battle sites, especially E40K, though an
attempted interception of a Thunderhawk is not unthinkable.

7) Recall that the GW sculpting is, er, um, fanciful, as is the
painting.
Be certain your ships aren't the sensible GZG items, but find old
Spacefleet, or convert fantasy ships and 40K vehicles, or scratchbuild,
and
paint as colorful WHILE darkly gothic as you can.

The_Beast

Los <los@cris.com> on 01/25/99 10:37:08 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 To:	  gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

 Subject: Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet
	  Gothic Report

Laserlight wrote:

> >1) First realize that DS2 has a different feel that FT--substantially
> more
> complex (my opinion but other people on the list have also said it),
> different mechanisms.
> 2) Decide which you'd like to lure him into--if it was me, it'd be FT.

Conversely if you are into DS or SG and he's into Epic40k or WH40k, then
you can also show him the conversions for those games taht open up
manymore possibilities...

> 3) "Hey, I need to play out a scenario for a campaign game, and I
> don't want
> to take both sides, could you help me out for an hour or so?"

I've used this sneaky but effective tactic a few times on my wife.

> 5) Make sure his side wins (use Indy's dice).

   Bloody good idea..

Los