Prev: Re: FT Scenario ideas Next: Re: FT Scenario ideas & OT

Re: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 06:32:27 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:07:27 -0500
From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@clark.net>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

	Or has that already been done?	Repeatedly?

I'm just starting a project to convert SFB to a FT type format.  The
current working name is Full Thrust Battles.  The intent is to capture
the 'flavor' of SFB, but allow those big mega campaigns and battles in a

format that doesn't take a 5 year mission to play.  The plan is to
convert all the various weapons and systems to FT's simple no chart
play, but still doing similar damage and such.	The damage allocation
will be simpler as well.  Yeah, the old game was great, but as time went

on it got more and more munchkin.  Hated that.

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Main Site:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891
Traveller:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/trav.html
Full Thrust:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And
can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
		--culled from the Ground Zero Games List--

Prev: Re: FT Scenario ideas Next: Re: FT Scenario ideas & OT