Prev: Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames" Next: Re: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done

Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:17:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

John Leary wrote:

> Assumptions/Comments/Questions not necessarly in that order.
>
> Information gained from the AAR:
> Range reduction per level of stealth
>  type   max range  reduction per level of stealth
> class 3 =  24  =    6 inches
> class 2 =  16  =    4 inches
> class 1 =   8  =    2 inches
>
> stealth effect = 16% range reduction/level

You don't know that, since you only have data for level-2 Stealth.
Unless
Noam's changed his mind after our discussion, level-1 reduces enemy
ranges by 1/4, level-2 by 1/3.

>		   also acts as a screen/level

Again unless Noam changed his mind, no it doesn't.

> Question: What is the mass/cost of this 'stealth' device.

Same as for screens of the same level.

> Comment:  While I do experiments in the rules/weapons areas
> frequently, I do not suprise the people I play with.

According to Noam, he and Mk had been discussing this for a while
already. I don't think Mk was completely surprised by this device :-/

> Comment: The 'offset arc' is a tactic for a 'one of' game and is not
> usable for a campaign game.

Wrong. It is perfectly useful in campaign battles, although it will lose
some of its efficiency after the first few encounters - but that's just
as true for other tactics. Once the enemy has learned how to cope, the
efficiency goes down.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT-AAR] a NAC/NI AAR - "Wargames" Next: Re: [OT] SFB - The Deal is finally done