Prev: Re: Kra'Vak Armor question Next: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters

Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:58:24 EST
Subject: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters

<< I did some calculations...  (I know, it is a very bad habit and a
really
 should stop...)
****
Don't
****

 The thrust ratings of freighters should increase as they cary less
 cargo.  Why?  Size doesn't mean much in space, but mass does.	Without
 cargo, those freighters mass a whole lot less, and their engines will
be
 able accelorate and deccelorate them much more quickly.  Note that this
 could also be applied to some carriers, but I've checked every single
 carry in the FB, there is no difference in their thrust ratings.  For
my
 purposes, only full 5% increases of drive mass to ship counts.

 Formula:  (Md x Td) / (Md - Meh) = Tc
 Md = Design Mass, or mass when fully loaded
 Td = Design Thrust, or thrust when fully loaded
 Meh = Mass of Empty Holds, how cargo is the ship not carrying
 Tc = Current Thrust, what is the current thrust rating for the ships
 mass.

 Note:	Always round down to the nearest whole thrust.

 Examples from the FB:
 Full Cargo Modules:	4/4    3/4     2/4     1/4     0/4

 Heavy Freighter:	     2	     2	      3 	4	6
 Medium Freighter	   2	   2	    3	      4       6
 Light Freighter	       2       2	3	  4	  6
 Free Trader		       4       4	5	  5	  6
 Fleet Auxillary		2	2	 2	  3	  4
 Bulk Carrier			1	1	 1	   2	  3 >>
This seems a lot like the rules for Landship Movement from Heavy Gear or
the
spaceship rules form JC, both by DP9.  I think that it might work in FT.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: Kra'Vak Armor question Next: Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters