Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: Fighter Missiles and such

Re: Kinda [OT]Re: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:50:41 -0600
Subject: Re: Kinda [OT]Re: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day

***
Me, too.  I'm wondering if they'll actually do Orks this time... looks
like
(from the cutouts) they may do specific Chaos ships, as well.  The
Bugs'll
prolly be back.  The one thing I'm hoping is that they don't rescuplt
the
Eldar ships to match the E40K flyers -- I *hate* those things!!
***

Dunno, de orksees float round in hulks. Not much fun in a space game of
manuver, but as many of us are interested in ships for transpostion into
other games, like FTII, we can only hope.

I have mixed feelings about the new Eldar stuff, 'cept I am quite
certain I
hate flying doilies...

***
>You might even mention the many
>folks I've heard, on seeing Gothic battleships, saying 'Oh, the Eldar'.

Huh?
***

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. The folks faintly recall the old game,
but they see the graceful curves of the gothic battleship, the ironclad,
the cobra dd's, the whatchamacallit (having a mature moment) cruiser,
they
seem to naturally assume it's Eldar, when compared to the stocky bricks
of
the Emperor or Tyrant.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the former Eldar ships, when shorn of
sails, would make GREAT bio-ships, very Sa'vasku as I imagine them.
Lithe
and dangerous, not the cartoon characters that most of the 'nid ships
were/are. (were cuz not normally available for sale/are cuz I have more
than a few of these myself.) And, yes, I delicately avoid mentioning the
GZG Sa'vasku... ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: Fighter Missiles and such