Prev: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size Next: Re: Jump Ships

Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:34:33 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

John M. Atkinson <john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:
>Combat Engineer Vehicle: I split this out by function.
>Demolition
>Mine Detection/Removal
>Digging/Construction (Scoop arm and dozer blade for digging fighting
>positions)
>Minelaying.
>
>Let me suggest, as a working concept
>Demo: 6
>Mine Detection: 2
>Const/Digging:4
>Mine Removal:3
>
>Of course, then we have to work up points costs for each of these
>capabilities seperately.

    How about dozer blade by itself as 2 capacity points? I've read
somewhere that a tank formation (can't remember size) had one or two
tanks
fitted with bulldozer blades. A dozer blade would allow digging of hull
down
positions for tanks and scraping away FASCAM from roads and other clear
areas.
    If the lot costs 100 points, then individual parts will cost a part
of
that, plus a bit extra perhaps.

Demolitions: 6 cap 30 points.
Mine Detection: 2 cap 10 points
Construction/Digging: 4 cap 20 points
Mine Removal: 3 cap 15 points
Doze blade: 2 cap 10 points

    or capacity points times 5. What do you think?

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size Next: Re: Jump Ships