Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Star Craft/Stargrunt

Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen@m...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:17:15 +1000
Subject: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside

At 08:47 PM 1/20/99 EST, you wrote:

><< Bottom line: buy them both if you can. They're both very excellent
games,
> well worth some time and cash.
>
> Comments always welcome.

I concur absolutely. Especially for SG2. I was very disillusioned with
squad based sci-fi games. SG2 got me interested again with a passion.
The
figures are a) cheaper then almost all others b) look better then almost
all others and c) actually look realistic, a failing of almost all other
minnies of the same scale.

As for the rules, after a simple introduction they are easy to pick up
and
play. They make far more sense to me, and sensible rules tend to kill
most
arguments away. At least for me.

The only failing for SG2 is the scenario base of it. You need someone to
create the scenario and to try to make it reasonable or fair. One or the
other. Mind you this is also one of it's greatest strengths. No more of
those senseless stand 'em up and shoot games the other companies seem
hell
bent of playing.

> Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
> -- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/games.html --DS2/SG2/misc--
>>
>Okay, I think that I'll take you advice, assuming that I get the raise
that
>I'm up for at the end of the month.  On a side note I have gotten a few
space
>combat games, altho I stile play all of them FT is the one that I play
the
>most, no checking rules when I want to fire a pulse torp at 7"!

		 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
		  "He dosen't know what he wants.
			  He's Insane"
		email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au

Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Star Craft/Stargrunt