Prev: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning] Next: Re: [FT] After action report - merchant raiding

Re: [FT] Accel/Decel in cinematic movement

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:02:18 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Accel/Decel in cinematic movement

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Matthew Seidl wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:57:37 -0500 (EST), -MWS- writes:
[snip]
> >Hmm - and here I thought that the rules were very clear on this
point.	I read
> >them as affecting the next turn's velocity.	FAQ MAN!!!!!! <g>
>
> Which is really strange, since every game I've played (and the PBeM
> games I've been in) have said it effects this turns speed.
[snip]

Interesting.  Luckily, Lonnie has his books with him today, and after
careful
reading of all relevant sections, I have to agree with Ken - it *is*
ambiguous.  I can see how it can be read either way, but there are more
suggestive statements for affecting 'this turn's movement' as opposed to
the
other.

This markedly reduces the effectiveness of fighters and salvo missiles.
It
will also tend to speed up game play a touch from what Lonnie & I are
used to
- playing 'velocity changes next turn's movement' has caused both of us
plan movement orders a little more like a chess match, since we're both
thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning] Next: Re: [FT] After action report - merchant raiding