Prev: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. Next: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning]

Re: Anyone use FB ships?

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:46:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Anyone use FB ships?

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, John Fu wrote:

> Hello there,
>
>     I notice that a lot of the posters here use ships of their own
> designs.  I was wondering if anyone actually uses the ships in the
Fleet
> Book.  If so, how well do they work as fleets?  I've been considering
> purchasing a fleet and would like some opinions on the ships.

Well, I've been playing my fleet as "K'rathri", so I tend to make all
custom
designs to fit the character of the fleet I've chosen.	However, there
is
nothing to prevent you from buying whatever miniatures you like the
looks of
and assigning them characteristics from any of the Fleet Book designs.
My
co-worker Lonnie has bought almost all NSL ships, but he seldom uses NSL
designs for them.  If you look at the game after action report I posted,
you'll see that for this game Lonnie was playing a NAC defending force -
using
his NSL ship miniatures.  My fleet is a hodgepodge of Babylon-5
Centauri,
Epic40K Eldar, and converted ESU miniatures - and I detail them with
Kilrathi
Imperial Family decals I print up myself.  Loads of fun.  Other folks
have
Star Trek ships, while John Cadice (my Heavy Gear gaming buddy) is
busily
collecting Star Wars ships.

Buy whatever figures look good to you, and call them what you will -
that's
the fun part about this game.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.