Prev: ceasefire! was Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. Next: Re: Ok, I'm off-topic. Mea culpa. Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.

Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:58:58 -0500

-MWS- spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> If you can't find other willing Toms, perhaps a Jerry or two would do
. . .

Well, only if we were playing NSL.... (just kidding, the play on
words was just too obvious!).

> [snip]
> > Thomas Barclay (BB) mass 72, thrust 6, C++ Battery, Canuk Field ...
> >
> > no, it's just too silly.

Moreso because clearly mass 72 would bear little resemblance to the
namesake. Clearly mass 100 is closer to the truth. We'd use a C++
battery, but only if we were content to run slowly (say speed 6). We
like speed so probably stick to C batts and go speed 8. And once you
introduce the unbalancing Canuk field (you can take that to mean it
unbalances those in the ship it is used on), no one else really has a
chance. Ships armoured in 100m of Ice - takes a long time to eat
through that to damage the underlying structure. How can you stop an
army of SG2 forces organized into "teams" bearing hockey sticks (+2
die shifts in close combat) and hockey armour (d10, bonus to speed
while on skates, automatically resolves casualties into either bloody
nose, concussion, or game misconduct) and chanting either O'Canada
(with at least half the verses in French to confuse our Southern
neighbours) or whistling the theme song from Due South, one of our
largest cultural exports? And Morale? We don't check Morale in cold
weather.

Sorry, this has gotten very very silly. Reporting self for
Re-adjustment at the NAC Baffin Island Rehabilitation Facility.

Tom.
One of the few historically insignificant Toms
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup