Prev: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. Next: Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

[FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:52:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

I've been reading posts on the list about games with 20, 30, and even 60
(!!)
ships *per side*, and I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually plays
the
games out to completion. :)  Also, how many of you playing these huge
games
are taking an entire weekend to run these monstrosities?  It would be an
interesting correlation to see if the nominal allocation of gaming time
is the
determining factor on the game size <g>.  The games that I find myself
playing
tend to be on the small size - 500 to 1000 points (fleet book) per side.
 Part
of that *is* determined by alloted game time - I'm normally limited to
gaming
after hours during the week, so our normal maximum game length is in the
2.5
to 3 hour range.  It *is* rather difficult to play a good game with a
large
number of ships per side when you run out of time after the 2nd or 3rd
turn .
. . .

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.