Prev: Re: Tactics Question Next: RE: Tactics Question

Re: Tactics Question

From: "The end of the bottomeless pit is a body-length and a half down." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:09:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Tactics Question

>>Greetings:
>>  I am in a campaign game using Full Thrust (and More Thrust but not
fleet
>>book)
>>and have come up on a certain situation.  One of the other players has
>>decided
>>to build all his ships (including the big ones) at thrust 8 (eight).
>>  What is a good response to this condition?
>>  Should I also start to build my ships at thrust - 8?
>>	I do not like this idea due to the cost.
>>  Should I continue to build stuff as always (esscots thrust 8,
cruiser
>>thrust 5
>>big ship thrust 3 or 4)?
>
>I would suggest a hedgehog type defense. Lower thrust ships with lots
of
>multi-arc weapons. As he buzzes about you with higher thrust ships, let
>yours sit in a cluster and beat him silly with superior firepower.
There's
>no way he can slug it out with you if he has that much MASS devoted to
>engines.

What Schoon said. Plus a few well-placed needle beam shots will slow
his day...

:-)

(note, I'm not advocating full needlebeam-armed fleets, but a few
specialty
ships with needlers now and again will give him pause for thought..)

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: Tactics Question Next: RE: Tactics Question