Prev: Re: [FT] Another fighter base? Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:45:14 -0500
Subject: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs

Oerjan scribbled:
> There are some... oddities with both NRE, IF and Alarishi designs,
>however - I'm not sure if they are typos or miscalculations, though.
>
>These are:
(snip the list)

>IFN Tulwar "DDH" (though at Mass 50 - *more* than the Turcoman and
>Kronprinz Wilhelm classes of Light Cruisers! - I'm a bit suspicious
about
>calling this a "destroyer"... <g>): With a total Mass of 50, this ship
is

Brendan was responsible for classifying (and designing) this one; if you
look at the mass ranges given for DDH in the Fleet Book,  you'll see
that 50
can qualify as a DDH.

As far as the others go, I haven't hand checked them, instead relying on
Jared's spreadsheet 4.0 version.  I am happy to send you (and anyone
else)
the spreadsheet.  I'll mention that the designs on the spreadsheet are
not
identical to the web page, which I promise I'll get around to modifying
Any
Day Now.  I am not responsible for the NRE ships (except for his
"Composers
of Sacred Music" class, based on my Night Music class).

Prev: Re: [FT] Another fighter base? Next: Re: NRE, IF and Alarishi designs