Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))

Re: Curing the fighter blues

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:30:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Curing the fighter blues

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >20th century analogs aside, I think fighter attrition is too high in
FT
> >for the _feel_ I would like. But their combat effectiveness is just
> >fine, IMHO. In order to have the feel I'd like, I need to keep
overall
> >fighter power similar, but reduce attrition.
> >I see two ways of doing this - one more cosmetic, the other a game
> >variation.
>
> [snip]
>
> There's actually another, simpler way of going at this. After the
battle,
> simply roll a d6 for each fighter that was destroyed to determine its
> ultimate fate. That messes with the rules least of all, and still
gives the
> possibility the the pilots punched out before the big kablooey.
>
> Schoon

     I must agree with the option presented by Schoon.	 Even if
only implemented as a 'house rule', it is the cleanest method of
dealing with the concept of reduced 'lost' fighters.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))