Prev: Re:Language Used in Spacecraft Computers Next: EMP/Ion Weapons

Sensors (Again)

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 06:16:39 PST
Subject: Sensors (Again)

I can happily agree with an unchanging ship signature rating. I just
loved the idea of a ship reeling away, her smooth skin opened into
jagged steel petals, gas streaming from cracked bulkheads and tying it
to the damage track seemed such a simple way of doing it, one that I
would cheerfully use on a less granular rule set.
Other suggested signature modifiers
  +1 Kra'Vak.	  No particular reason, it just seemed to fit with

their more effective drives, maybe they run hotter.
  +2  (maybe more) Using active sensors

Would it be reasonable for a ship (or drone) that is going active to
place a marker beside it? This would show at a glance which ones were
emitting and should not cause too much difficulty during movement.
Having three different markers for the different ratings (basic,
advanced, superior) seems unnecessary but remains a possibility.

What I am now thinking about is remote sensor platforms, stolen
cheerfully from Star Cruiser with a little of Harpoons tethered SSN
drones added in.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: Re:Language Used in Spacecraft Computers Next: EMP/Ion Weapons