Prev: RE: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour

Re: OFF TOPIC Canuck Brews

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:24:23 -0800
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC Canuck Brews

At 23:08 1/14/99 +0000, you wrote:

>> >and drink strong beer
>
>strong beer! don't make me laugh. perhaps compared to that yellow fizzy
>pop the americans drink, but to a european your boast is laughable!

Careful there. Just last night I sat down to pint of Hermannator -
a double bock from Vancouver Island Breweries weighing in at a hefty
9% alcohol/volume. Dark and smooth is the magic phrase - definitely
world class. It's little brother - Hermann's Dark Lager, managed a
silver medal at the World Championships (although I haven't a clue
as to the merit such an honour has, it is a very fine brew), which
happened to be held in Europe...

Another fine, strong beer is dubbed the Wet Coast Winter Ale from
Shaftebury's Brewing Company. The piddling 8.5% alcohol/volume belies
its hearty body. The high alcohol is a bit more noticeable than that of
the Hermannator, but still doesn't dominate the flavour. Both are
a hell of a lot better than Mc "Ew"an's, IMNSHO.

Just because we live in the "colonies" doesn't mean were aren't
civilized. Sheesh.

Admittedly, those are relatively small breweries, but even the big guns
are into the strong brews (although their quality leaves much to be
desired).
There are about 5 or 6 brews from the big breweries (Molson's, Labatt's,
etc.)
that range from 6%-8%. Strong, but as I said, they generally taste like
goat piss (assuming their piss tastes anything like their milk. ew.).

>honestly, though, i heard a theory that american beer is the way it is
so
>as to be like coke, so that young people can easily get into it.

At least they will stay sober...

>Tom

This is getting dangerously off topic. If you want more info, email
me privately. Perhaps we can arrange a trade over snail mail? A
taste test, so to speak.

       Tony Christney
       tchristney@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour