Prev: Sensors: Signiture formula Next: Re: Hardened Systems

Re: Sensors:, A, snapshot, response

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:06:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Sensors:, A, snapshot, response

>The way to go is to introduce a signature stat for a ship, calculated
>when the ship is built.
>Something along of the lines of:
>  + Fraction of mass
>  +1 if merchant (or double?)
>  - Stealth rating
>Then in play this is modified by ECM and damage, maybe +1 per threshold
>crossed. This could be added very easily to the SSD thus:
[snip]

The problem I see with handling things this way is complexity. I f you
go
with a Class system based solely on Mass, it's simple and intuitive.
However, unlike FT2, the ONLY thing it really represents is an arbitrary
factor of size.

Going to the approach you suggest, though more detailed, is vastly more
complex. I could not support a system in which the Signiature had to be
tracked with the ship's threshold level.

Schoon

Prev: Sensors: Signiture formula Next: Re: Hardened Systems