Prev: Re: Directional armor & shields Next: RE: Directional armor & shields

Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:44:42 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships

At 09:13 PM 1/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Three miniatures that you may wish to consider for your fleets are from
>ICE in the Silent Death Line.	The Revenge,

	no pic on RAFM site - Tom's site is currently "unavailable" :(

>Bloodhawk

	too 'clunky' for my taste - rejected

>and Eagle are all

	no pic on RAFM site :(

>winged ships in the Sentry and Vorchan style. The Bloodhawk is similar
>in size to the AoG Sentry but with more weight, but the wings sweep in
>the opposite direction. The Eagle in just a much bigger version of the
>Bloodhawk with a wingspan close to a Vorchan. The Revenge is similar in
>shape to the Vorchan body without the vertical wing.
[snip]
>Other ships you may wish to look at are the Storm,

	no pic on RAFM site :(

>Praying Mantis,

	has potential

>Black Widow

	no pic on RAFM site :(

>and Seraph.

	no pic on RAFM site :(

>All these would likely work with the ships you
>selected to this point. If you really want a light carrier you could
>look at the Aosho which for Silent Death is referred to as a Warhound.

	no pic on RAFM site :(

>The miniature is about 2.5" long and a little more than a 1" wide at
the
>widest point.
>
>The other thing you could use for a gunboat or as fighters would be the
>GF series Kantauri fighters. Two versions of these fighters exist and
>they are basically very small Sentry fighters. A friend of mine refers
>to them as finger nail clippings.

Already have them <g>.	I bought 12 groups of the regular and 6 groups
of
the "Heavy" Kantauri fighters.	In addition, I'm using the fake-Narn
"P'Taah" as Attack/Torpedo Fighters and the fake-SAAB "Hammer" as Long
Range (Patrol) Fighters

>I don't know whether this helps but these are all miniatures that I
have
>in my collection. I also have most of the ships you have listed below
so
>I thing [think?] it should would [work?] together.

Do you have any pics available of the Silent Death parts you suggested?
It
would be nice to be able to see them before making any buying decisions.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: Directional armor & shields Next: RE: Directional armor & shields