Prev: Re: [URL] FTSR Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships

From: Jim Bell & Christine Hartig <jnbell@i...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:13:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships

Three miniatures that you may wish to consider for your fleets are from
ICE in the Silent Death Line. The Revenge, Bloodhawk and Eagle are all
winged ships in the Sentry and Vorchan style. The Bloodhawk is similar
in size to the AoG Sentry but with more weight, but the wings sweep in
the opposite direction. The Eagle in just a much bigger version of the
Bloodhawk with a wingspan close to a Vorchan. The Revenge is similar in
shape to the Vorchan body without the vertical wing.

I believe Tom Granvolds website has pictures of all these ships but I
seem to have misplaced the address. The RAFM website may have pictures
of these ships though as they produce the ships for ICE.

Other ships you may wish to look at are the Storm, Praying Mantis, Black
Widow and Seraph. All these would likely work with the ships you
selected to this point. If you really want a light carrier you could
look at the Aosho which for Silent Death is referred to as a Warhound.
The miniature is about 2.5" long and a little more than a 1" wide at the
widest point.

The other thing you could use for a gunboat or as fighters would be the
GF series Kantauri fighters. Two versions of these fighters exist and
they are basically very small Sentry fighters. A friend of mine refers
to them as finger nail clippings.

I don't know whether this helps but these are all miniatures that I have
in my collection. I also have most of the ships you have listed below so
I thing it should would together.

Jim

-MWS- wrote:

> I wanted to thank everyone for previous suggestions.	Here's what I
have so
> far - things are looking fairly good right now, although I still have
a big
> hole in finding anything suitable for carriers, especially since AOG
just
> informed me that the Balvarin Carrier's release date has been pushed
back
> "until sometime this Spring".  [grrrrrr]
>
> K'rathri Fleet Miniatures
> GS  Kru'traa Gunboat		  GW Eldar Vyper Jetbike
> FL  Dru'krekh Corvette	  GW Eldar Night Wing Interceptor
> FF  Kr'mekh Frigate		  AOG Centauri Sentri Medium Fighter
> FH  Fr'mehk Heavy Frigate	  ??
> DD  Ra'athri Destroyer	  GW Eldar Phoenix Bomber
> DA  Ri'kakh Destroyer 	  GW Eldar Phoenix Bomber
> DE  Rii'trekh Escort Destroyer  GW Eldar Phoenix Bomber
> DH  Jalkekhra Heavy Destroyer   ??
> CL  Rii'arkha Light Cruiser	  GZG ESU Warsaw Destroyer
> CC  Fr'athra Cruiser		  GZG ESU Tibet Light Cruiser
> CE  Dra'mehk Escort Cruiser	  GZG ESU Voroshilev Heavy Cruiser
> CA  Gr'kehk Attack Cruiser	  AOG Centauri Altarian Destroyer
> CH  Gr'kaa Heavy Cruiser	  AOG Centauri Vorchan Warship
> CQ  Gri'mekh Patrol Cruiser	  GW Eldar Vampire Raider
> BC  Kr'kakh Battlecruiser	  AOG Centauri Dargan Strike Cruiser
> BB  Fr'krekh Battleship	  AOG Centauri Primus Battlecruiser
> BDN Fr'kathri Battledreadnought ??
> DN  Gr'kathri Dreadnought	  ??
> SD  Gr'kartra Superdreadnought  AOG Centauri Octurion Battleship
> CVE Sa'krekh Escort Carrier	  GZG ESU Gorshkov Heavy Cruiser
> CVL Siv'kathri Light Carrier	  ??
> CVH Siv'kartra Fleet Carrier	  ??
> CVA Sri'mekh Attack Carrier	  ??
>
> I can live without having FH and DH categories assigned. :)  I can use
the AOG
> Primus for both DN and BDN, and the DN class is unused by all of the
Fleet
> Book powers, so I can ignore that one as well.  The thing that hurts
is the
> lack of carriers - I was really hoping that the AOG Balvarin would
fill in the
> CVL or CVH.  [sigh]
>
> The ESU parts are really fitting in rather nicely - I've kitbashed the
Tibets