Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #91 Next: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour

Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:56:51 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

<< With some of the discussion on fighter bays and launch tubes and the
 separate systems balancing their flexibility due to the increased
chance of
 a threshold taking out a system, I wondered if anyone had house rules
on
 Hardened Systems or System Armour?

 Off the top of my head, for a 50% increase in cost and mass, a system
would
 get a -1 modifier to all threshold rolls (same level as core systems in
the
 FTFB).  Also needle attacks would only damage the system, not destroy
it.
 Maybe draw a circle around the system icon to show it is hardened or
 armored.

 Those of you who loose fire cons too fast could harden one and it may
stay
 around longer.  Carriers using the modular hanger/bay rules could
harden the
 launch/recovery bay to keep them around as long as possible.  Lots of
 possibilities.

 Is the 50% increase about right or too much since 2 hardened systems
cost
 and mass the same as 3 systems?  What do you think?

 Dean

I have to say that that is a very good idea, what about having sections
of the
ship that had there own armor and screens, along with hardining?
-Stephen

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #91 Next: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour