Prev: Re: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . . Next: RE: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:17:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

Eric Fialkowski wrote:

> In a previous post there was mention that the FB doesn't specifically

state
> any limits on fighter launches.  I've been using the guideline that
the
FB
> doesn't replace all of the FT/MT rules.   I've generally gone with the
> assumption that if it's not changed in the FB, the old rules apply.
Is
> this the way everyone else has been interpreting it?

Usually, yes.

 In this particular case however, dropping the launch restriction has
been discussed and agreed upon in the FB playtest group, so it is very
likely that it it will disappear in FT3. There may be a restriction on
fighter *recovery* (somehow), but probably not on *launch*.

> Another question semi related to the above is how many fighters can be
> in a group?

Up to 6. FT specifies this squadron size; FB doesn't change it (and we
haven't discussed any change either); BUT there's no printed restriction
on having squadrons initially *smaller* than 6 craft. IMO there should
be
one, since 3 squadrons of 2 fighters each are *much* more resistant to
defensive fire than 1 squadron of 6 fighters, not to mention how good 6
fighters operating independently are. They are also a book-keeping pain,
but most rules-lawyers are prepared to take the book-keeping to get that
extra combat edge :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . . Next: RE: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics