Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #91 Next: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour

Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:54:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> John M. Atkinson wrote:
>
> > We play with a 3" kill radius as per optional rule.  Otherwise it's
too
> > damn easy to hit.
>
> Interesting. I would have thought that cinematic movement requires 6".
> My own exercises show that against an opponent who does random
> manoeuvres at SML time, it's very difficult to hit a compact formation
> with more than 30-40% of your SMLs.

People are doing things to the attributions!  I DON'T play Cinematic!  I
play vector.  Against opponents who don't like to "waste" mass on
getting a decent thrust.  Me, I fly in a straight line at high velocity
until I get to SML range, and then jink like crazy.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #91 Next: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour