Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter Launch Variant (Was Really Big Ships...) Snip when commenting :) Next: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

Re: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . .

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:49:58 -0800
Subject: Re: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . .

>What I'd like to see is fighter hangers and launch bays designed around
the
>launcher/magazine idea that the SMLs currently use - every hanger has a
>specific launch bay that it is connected to, and this launch bay is
subject to
>threshold checks and needle beam attacks in the standard manner.

This is one of the more interesting proposals I've seen in a while. Much
potential.

>Proposal:
>*  Fighter hangers and launch bays are included in the standard costs
on a 3:1
[mass snippage]

What might be another option, which would not require a redesign of
existing ships, would be to leave the existing bays as is, and add
another
system.

Think of it as the difference between an MT missile and an SML. Make a
new
internal bay system, which perhaps takes up less mass because of the
lack
of integrated launch facilities, and a launch system. That way you can
try
either design method.

Schoon