Prev: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . . Next: Re: [FT] Cancon 99 (Australia) and Supership Models

Re: It's gone OT! Re: [FT] Unbelievably BIG ship

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:17:30 -0600
Subject: Re: It's gone OT! Re: [FT] Unbelievably BIG ship

Sorry, Donald, I didn't make myself clear. I'm having some difficulties
with Lotus Notes on being able to reply with PARTS of relevant posts. I
just meant a discussion on Saddam Hussein and his activities, without a
particular scenerio in mind, the way SFB had a Falklands scenerio, would
have been too rough to handle.

My own take on superships, while they've been mentioned in FT and MT, is
that they, like super guns, and movement plotted from way off-table, may
be
pushing the system outside it's design parameters.

On the other hand, I'm still gonna run those three Superior SGD's
against
regular ships with some very special rules. We're suppose to push, prod,
experiment, and stretch. I have Jon's word on it. ;->=

The_Beast

Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@acd.net> on 01/11/99 04:01:44 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 To:	  gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> I started to reply, but realized how off-topic it was going. PLEASE
STOP.

> The_Beast
>
> PS. Unless you have a REALLY interesting scenerio, of course. ;->=

It may seem off topic at first...I think of it this way:  Even Star
Fleet
Battles has a scenario with a "monster" ship on one side, and a lone
heavy
cruiser on the other...
(It appeared in Task Force's house organ magazine: Nexus #7, Page 11.
"A
stone's throw"	It is about a huge planetoid headed for earth.	It is
equiped
with several heavy weapons.  The planetoid is really a robot battle
station
built by an extra-galactic power.  And a lone Federation cruiser is sent
stop it...)

Donald Hosford

Prev: [FTFB] More on Fighter Bays and Hangers . . . Next: Re: [FT] Cancon 99 (Australia) and Supership Models