Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: REALLY, REALLY BIG SHIPS

Re: REALLY, REALLY BIG SHIPS

From: "By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:19:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: REALLY, REALLY BIG SHIPS

>OK, since I'm not the only one who likes REALLY, REALLY BIG SHIPS
(sorry, I
>had to do it....), here is a couple of ideas for "why" and a couple of
good
>ideas for "why not".
>"why"
[...]
>*  It's a simulator ship and the battle is a virtual training
excercise.
>Sort of a Kobashi-Maru incident.  "Cadet you're faced with a 1/4 of a
>million ton ship.  Your frigate is ready to engage.  What do you
do...."
[...]

Leave.	;-)

This sorta kinda reminds me of a certain post a long while back on SF
quotes.
I don't remember who originally posted it, but in particular:

 "What's that on our sensors?"
 "It's an, um, cloud, of starships."
 "Cloud?"
 "I know it's not a strictly correct military term, but I count
 eighty thousand three hundred and twenty two ships. I've told them
 that we're surrendering."

			     "Excession" Iain M Banks

Mk

Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: REALLY, REALLY BIG SHIPS