Prev: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: OT: Starsiege: Rebellion review (LONG).

Re: Battle report of small missle ships

From: "cgray" <cgray@i...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:24:29 -0800
Subject: Re: Battle report of small missle ships

>Very roughly 650-750 pts per side, with your fleet at (IIRC) 710 pts.

Thats seems about right

>[snip]
>
>Not clear what you mean here. If you say that one ship took over 72 pts
>of damage and the other 50-60 pts that seems reasonable; but a *single*
>SM salvo can't inflict more than 36 damage (6 missiles on target, none
>shot down and all rolling 6 for damage).

sorry meant the total amount of damge from missles the guy who taught us
said to count up how many missle hits the roll PD and the roll dice for
each missle is that incorrect?

OK now Im really going to HAVE to order the rules :)

>This is *extremely* impressive SM shooting - you hit with every SM
salvo,
>which suggests that your opponents flew straight ahead. The NSL can't
do
>much else, of course, but the ESU frigates aren't easy targets (and the
>BC has at least some ability to dodge SMs).

They had pretty predicable plots yes and moved pretty slow <4 so t wasnt
too dificult

>That wasn't very smart of him, considering that your missile boats are
>much easier to intercept (being Thrust-1 compared to Thrust-4) and much
>easier to kill... and more dangerous to his Foch, as well. 'Course,
that
>assumes that your missile boats were within reach, but it sounds as if
>they were.

Yes they were

I agree I honestly was surprised (pleasently) when he did I wasnt going
correct him til after the battle :)

>The lasting impression is that your opponents must fly either very
slowly
>or in very predictable paths (or both), or else you're a mind-reader
:-/
>I've never seen that high a percentage of SM salvoes on target (*all*
>salvoes in the first two battles?!)... IIRC the best I've ever seen was
>50% on target.

As stated earlier they moved noth slowly and very predictably the one
time
I thought he would close too quickly is when I spaced them out

>'Course, if you used Vector movement with 6" SM aquisition radius,
that'd
>explain a lot as well. There's a very good reason for the "strong
>suggestion" that you use 3" SM aquisition radii against Vector-moving
>ships :-/

Yep I think you are correct at first it did seem a bit restrictive now
Im
not sure because of the predicable movement they had could have offset
that
alot

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions it helps

Prev: Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: OT: Starsiege: Rebellion review (LONG).