Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?

Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

From: "Remember, milk mustaches come in chocolate, too" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 19:51:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

>>I understand why #1 can make sense but prefer #2 since I don't see the
>>class-1's reducing power levels when firing at fighters.
>
>I agree with Dean and vote for #2. I don't see the class-1s being able
>change their power up and down like that. I like the idea that the
class 1
>misses a lot hits hard when it DOES manage to bear on target.

Personally I can see any/all higher-class batts 'downgrading' their
power
output (eg, a Class-3 can be fired as a Class-1 or 2), but I wouldn't
argue that because of that Class-X (where X > 1) batts can target ftrs.

Irregardless, #2 still has my vote. Fighter-vs-fighter the heavies have
an advantage, but fighter-vs-ship-gun, welll...  :-)

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?