Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: Re: [FB] Arcs

Re: [FT] Split Arcs

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:15:00 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Split Arcs

<< >Heh. This has come up with me before. I've found the SFB solution to
work
 >pretty well. Basically move each ship 'forward' (in whatever direction
it
 >happens to be travelling if you are using vector movement) an inch or
 >something and recheck the arcs. That's the arc which you get to fire
in.

 Almost what I was trying to say, but stated much better.  The one
change I
 would make is to move the ships back, not forward.  Why?  Because while
the
 firing takes place at the end of the move in game terms, it makes more
 sense to me to measure arcs based on the flight paths taken during the
turn
 (when, theoretically at least, the ships _could_ have fired), rather
than
 projecting into the future.  Proportional distances just because... >>

I think that that is better then the "book" way of doing it.

Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: Re: [FB] Arcs