Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: Re: [FT] Split Arcs

Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 23:38:50 GMT
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 13:39:58 -0500, "John M. Atkinson"
<john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:

>Sounds good.  Ship me a bottle and I'll give you a more complete
>evaluation.  :)  Or bring it to GZG-ECC.  :)

*L* This stuff is EXPENSIVE! It can only be created after the grapes
have
frozen on the vine (preferably flash frozen). Ontario makes the best in
the
world. A cheap bottle, though, sells for C$30. C$50 is common, and the
stuff
sells for over C$300 in high demand countries like Japan.

>> Nanaimo bar - can't describe except to say loads of calories and
>> really good
>
>So it's candy?

Okay, it's got a base like a brownie. On top is a thick chocolate or
chocolate
fudge. It's a soft fudge that melts easily in your hand. In the middle
is a
thick cream about the consistancy and texture of cream cheese but
definitely
sweet. The whole thing tastes wonderful, but a small bar is all you
REALLY
need.

>> Butter tarts - abscensce of this knowledge merely proclaims you a
>> true heretic! A butter tart is a lot like a pecan tart would be if it
>> didn't have pecans, and had raisins instead.
>
>Stupid Canucks!  Why is it then called a 'butter tart' instead of a
>rasin tart?  A rasin tart I would at least have an idea of what it was!

Because it's NOT a raisin tart. It's a butter tart. It's a small tart
(usually
with a thick crust). The middle looks a bit like a pale beige pumpkin
pie.
However, the centre is thick, gooey, and very sweet. Raisins are in the
centre. The centre is made with butter (along with other stuff) hence
the
name. You can get something exactly the same except the raisins are
replaced
with pecans, and it's called a pecan tart. Butter tarts are indigenous
Canada and nothing like other country's raisin tarts...

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Split Arcs Next: Re: [FT] Split Arcs