Prev: Re: [FT-OT] Scotia Micro Models. Address? Next: Re: [FT] Split Arcs

Re: [FT] Split Arcs

From: "Remember, milk mustaches come in chocolate, too" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:34:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Split Arcs

Greetings Jer,

>I've played FT a long time, but this is the first time that I've
encountered
>this problem.
>
>What happens when a ship falls EXACTLY on the boundary between two
arcs?
>Which arc is the ship in?  Pick one?  Both?
>
>I'm inclined to say 'Both', but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't
>a ruling that I wasn't aware of.

Heh. This has come up with me before. I've found the SFB solution to
work
pretty well. Basically move each ship 'forward' (in whatever direction
it
happens to be travelling if you are using vector movement) an inch or
something and recheck the arcs. That's the arc which you get to fire in.

The only time this falls through is if both ships are travelling in
EXACTLY the same direction, at EXACTLY the same speed, such that no
matter how far you were to 'move' them their relative positions stay
exactly the same. THAT hasn't happened to me so far, I'm happy to say.
:-)

Mk
-
"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie
Ivanov. I am the Right Hand of Vengeance...and the boot that is going
to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death
incarnate. And the last living thing you are _ever_...going to see.

"God sent me."
				      - Ivanova, "Between the Darkness
						      and the Light"

Prev: Re: [FT-OT] Scotia Micro Models. Address? Next: Re: [FT] Split Arcs