Prev: Re: [FT-B5] Drahk ships Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 14:53:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Well, before making an [OFFICIAL] ruling I'd like other list members'
> opinions on this - there are two ways to argue it:
>
> 1) take Mark's suggestion above, assuming that Heavy Fighters' armour
gives
> them the same kind of protection as when fired at by PDS, or
>
> 2) leave the rule as written - Heavy fighters take damage from class-1
> beams just as normal fighters, and gain no extra benefit. The argument
for
> this is that the beam, pulse, (whatever) fired by a class-1 beam is
MUCH
> more powerful than that fired by a PDS battery, and if it hits at all
it
> will cut through any armour that a fighter can carry with equal ease -
the
> reduced hit chance represents the relative difficulty of tracking a
fighter
> with an antiship mount compared to a dedicated PDS, but if it hits it
will
> kill.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Jon (GZG)
> >
> >===================================================================
> >Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
> >  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
> >  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear
> >
> > Finagle's Law:
> >   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.
> >===================================================================

I agree with option 2.	Everyone should think "starwars" here.	In the
film, the
death star's turbo lasers (anti-ship weapons)  had trouble TRACKING the
rebel
fighters. But when it hit the fighter, that fighter simply disappeared!

 The only way a fighter could survive such a hit, is it would have to be
much
bigger than a fighter. But then it wouldn't be a fighter anymore.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [FT-B5] Drahk ships Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...