Prev: Re: [very OT] [FT][SG][DS] Canada, Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:53:11 GMT
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

On Tue, 05 Jan 1999 11:53:37 -0500, "John M. Atkinson"
<john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:

>> 1. Maple Syrup
>
>Vermont.

To quote, "Feh."

>> 2. Hockey
>
>Keep it.

I'm not much of a hockey fan, myself, either.

>> 3. Real Football (and for you Continentals, I'm not talking about
>> Soccer)
>
>Feh.

Never watched the CFL, I can see. Best game in the world is almost
always the
Grey Cup. Last year it was boring, and the Superbowl was interesting.
That's
the exact opposite of what it's been 8 times in the last 10 years.

>> 4. Real Beer
>
>Germany.

You've got a point there.

>> 5. Nationalized Health Care
>
>Well, someone has to serve as a bad example.

Let's see, we cover everyone and it costs us less per capita and as a
percentage of GDP than the US... What's so bad about it? Oh, right, all
those
health care administrators would be out of work... *S*

>> 6. Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Black Bears, Brown Bears... but no
>> Drop Bears....
>
>Heh.

Most dangerous land animals in the world, according to the SAS Surivival
Guide.

>> 7. Most of the actors and a bunch of the directors in Hollywood
>
>If I stop making jokes about y'all, will y'all take them back?

Sure, but you'll never know if we did or didn't... most of the news
folks are
Canadians, too! It's all part of our plot to take over the world...

>> 8.  Real Beer (needs said twice)
>
>Germany.

Okay, okay... *S*

>> 9. Snowmobiles and Mass Transit Systems
>
>OK.  We'll give you this one.

*Bows* Thank you.

>> 10. The Mounties who look damn good on postcards
>
>Only if you've got a fetish for men in red uniforms.  :)

*L*

Tom missed one: Music. Not only is Canadian music amongst the best in
the
world, we own the largest recording company in the world. Universal just
bought Polygram (Polygram was already the largest in the world). Both
Polygram
and Universal are owned by Seagram... of Montreal.

Tom also missed ice wine, Nanaimo bars, butter tarts, and the only
source of
Cadbury chocolate in the Americas!

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: Re: [very OT] [FT][SG][DS] Canada, Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure