Prev: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: A Call to Arms (Spoilers)

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 13:36:09 -0500
Subject: Re: A Call to Arms (Spoilers)

Izenberg, Noam wrote:

he only things I saw firing missiles were the Earth defense platforms.
> Same as what Clarke tried to turn against Earth and Sheridan had to
wipe
> out. The platforms also mount a nice big particle type gun - enough to
> knock out a Drakh Plague Seeder ship with one blow. (SML's with big
> magazines and Class 4 beams?)

I'm pretty sure I saw several Omega class ships that appeared to have
been fitted with missile launchers similar to those on the defense
platforms.

This could make sense as a modular add-on for short-range defense
operations where the fighters and extra supplies that the Omega normally
carries can be stashed on orbital or planetary bases.