Prev: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:17:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> > 1. Maple Syrup
>
> Vermont.

Okay.

> > 2. Hockey
>
> Keep it.

Phillistine. :)

> > 4. Real Beer
>
> Germany.

Not bad. Ireland is better though.

> > 5. Nationalized Health Care
>
> Well, someone has to serve as a bad example.

Hmm. Compared to HMOs, our system is actually comprehensible and
efficient...

> > 7. Most of the actors and a bunch of the directors in Hollywood
>
> If I stop making jokes about y'all, will y'all take them back?

There was a movie about this (The Canadian Conspiracy).

> > 10. The Mounties who look damn good on postcards
>
> Only if you've got a fetish for men in red uniforms.	:)

Obviously your information is antiquarian in nature - the RCMP is a
fully integrated force and I tell you from personal experience that
some of the young female members look *damn* good in the Red Serge.
Of course, put the same young lady in khakis with a vest, a belt full
of tools of mahem, and a serious kick-butt expression and you
wouldn't really want to meet her with her On-Duty face on....

Now, to keep this discussion OT (or to try to drag it back that way),
people have written rules for grav bikes.... has anyone written rules
for snowmobile cavalry in SG2? Or skiers or snowshow infantry?
Strikes me like this is a job for a Canuck, a Fin, or someone from
one of the other Scandinavian countries.....

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup