Prev: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:12:01 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

Just to explain the kind of thing that I am going for here...Destroy All

Monsters! is a game of my own design (with elements liberally borrowed
from many sources) that deals with combat between giant Monsters, aided
by low-budget special effects.	The rules are on my website, at

http://www.voicenet.com/johncrim/Monsters.html

if anyone is interested.  I am working on rules right now for the Army:
those poor, hapless fools who are doomed to be crushed in droves beneath

the feet of uncaring Monsters.	I am trying to create a reasonably
accurate simulation of the kind of battles you see in Godzilla movies,
while still giving the Military player a fighting chance.  The resulting

rules won't be suitable for playing realistic modern Armor battles (see
DSII for that), but should do the job for me.

The available forces will be limited to tanks, missile tanks,
helicopters, a Secret Weapon (Oxygen Destroyers and the like), and
infantry squads.  If there is any kind of demand, I'll add a few other
things, like APCs and heroes, but I want to playtest the basic rules
first.

All I really want is a generic term for an individual vehicle or
squad--I'd just use "vehicle" if it weren't for those pesky squads of
infantry--that I can use to designate them in the rules.  I'm using Unit

to designate a group of tanks (or whatever) that all move at the same
time.  "Good Guy" is not a bad idea, and I now have something to fall
back upon, but I would like something a little more formal.

By the way: Thank you all for the responses.  I assumed that everyone
was off on vacation, since the list has been so slow for the past week.

Apparently, I was wrong....

John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question