Prev: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long) Next: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long)

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:09:11 PST
Subject: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long)

[Snippage of Good Rules, to be used if I ever get around to playing SGII

again....]

>Models: good question. Does anyone make a sentry gun in either 25mm or
>15mm? They'd be good scratch-building or kitbashing projects. I'd be
>inclined to start with a largish 6mm tank chassis for a mobile system,
and
>replace the turret - I'd think more of these systems would be
open-mount
>type things, for weight saving.

This reminds me; I have to add Sentry Guns to my ShockForce Aliens page.

Anyway....

There was a pack of true 25mm Sentry Guns produced by Leading Edge
Games.	Not bad figures, but kinda drab.  They do not look much like the

ones from the movie.  Grenadier/Scotia/etc. produced some Resin SGuns
for the Kryomek line.  These look more like permanent installations than

anything else, but they are VERY nice indeed.  And just last week, I saw

a pack of SGuns for White Wolf's "Trinity" line.  Excellent sculpting,
though they may be a bit big for some--they are 28mm scale.  I'm
certainly going to get a few packs, though, for use with my Grenadier
"Future Warriors".

Lastly, didn't GZG produce some mobile SGuns?  I have at least one of
them--a Gatling Gun mounted on a small hover chassis--and I seem to
remember a GMS version, as well.  Does GeoHex produce these guys?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long) Next: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question