Prev: RE: Those in need of a Star-Cloth for realistic Fightin' (US Only I f ear) Next: Re: Those in need of a Star-Cloth for realistic Fightin' (US Only I f ear)

RE: Ubermensch in DSII?

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:10:13 -0700 (MST)
Subject: RE: Ubermensch in DSII?

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, George,Eugene M wrote:

> I've only read the first two books in the series, started the Stone
Dogs,
> pooped out (it really began grating on me...) I think the Draka are a
bad
> idea both philosophically and from a game standpoint (unless you fall
along
> the Anorak-Munchkin-Cheesemonger axis). Give geneered troops some
> move,command, or morale bonuses and a little edge. Maybe make 'em able
> work like hell through some scenarios (SG: High mission motivation for
1 or
> two) then they drop off (too much combat drug induced stress,
whatever).
> They should be rare and expensive and have a downside IMHO.

Well, having superdudes in a regular scenario would be kind of unfair.
Either the superdudes are too overpowering, or they are too few because
of
point costs.  But they can be good in some specially designed,
scenario-based games.  Superdudes are probably best as a "limiting
factor"
or "act of nature", used essentially as an ending to scenarios.  For
example, you can have an inferior regular force facing off a superior
one,
and their objective would be to hold on until relieved by the
superdudes.
The superdudes should arrive late in the game as reinforcements, and
depending on the successful or unsuccessful actions of the inferior
force,
may or may not have arrived too late to affect the outcome of the game.
Just some random thoughts.

-
							=     =
Due to a mix-up in urology,				|^^^^^|
orange juice will not be served this morning... 	|^^^^^|
							|_____|
-