Prev: Re: GZG Events at Pandemonium '99! Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:48:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

I guess I should avoid writing email late at night - I did not intend to
offend everyone w/ the 'gun-nuts' comments, merely to point out that
different regions of what will, in the GZGverse become the NAC, have
different ideas of what constitutes an 'inalienable right'.

I'll leave commenting on the long future history posts until later, in
the
future...I can't unpost what I posted last night, but I am embarrased at
it - I was way too short, did not intend to devolve into what might be
seen as personal attacks, and threw some other comments in there that
are,
in the light of day, greatly beneath me.

Part of the post was, however, exceedingly tongue-in-cheek, although on
re-reading I should have phrased it differently. All references to
'artillery' should have read 'guns/sidearms/whatever'.

The switch from using 'citizen' to using 'subject' later in the post was
not meant to be significant - I sometimes regard them as synonyms;
obviously other people do not.

In closing, mea cupla, and I'll stay off the Future Hist posts late at
night or when I'm writing in a hurry from now on.

Apologetically,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -DS2/SG2/misc-

Prev: Re: GZG Events at Pandemonium '99! Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure