Prev: RE: [FT] After action report - Next: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles

RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:48:38 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared E Noble [mailto:JNOBLE2@mail.aai.arco.com]

>True security (at least from an digital-data perspective) is based on
>mathematics, not secrecy.  So in addition to broadcasting the signal on
the
>right frequency, Require the 'query' command to be encrypted.	If the
>receiver decrypts the correct command, then the response is sent,
otherwise
>it stays silent.

Sadly, from a Security perspective, the largest weakness in any
classified
project is the Personnel Security. I would be very confident in
expecting
that if any compromise were to occur on such a mass produced device as
Personal IFF devices and systems, that it would likely occur through
someone
providing the detail or info. The likelihood of this occuring is even
greater if the encryption aspects are of a very high quality.

Owen G

Prev: RE: [FT] After action report - Next: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles