Prev: test Next: RE: [FT] After action report -

RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:42:21 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]

SNIPPETY SNIP

>Hmm. And you thought they weren't fast enough to attack GMS? (grin).

This is a weakness in the APFC defence against IAVR vs GMS

Todays TOW/Milan are all relatively slow (time of flight around 10-15
seconds to 3,000m)this is a constant speed of around 300m/s; compared to
the
LAW style which has an initial muzzle velocity of around 400m/s which
drops
off over the path to the target. So if you are engaging the AFV at 200m
with
IAVR or 2,000m with GMS the speed of the warhead is going to be not too
far
different.

MORE SNIPS
>Also, did you envision an APFC able to fire more than once per round?

I'd imagine if the APFC function is an automatic response and there is
no
limit to the number of times it can fire then it should be a constant
threat
to ANY infantry squad that approaches; not just teh first one in each
game
turn. ie see my one man detachment approach the tank - see him
dissappear in
the pink mist - now my sapper squads waltz up with their satchel

Owen G

Prev: test Next: RE: [FT] After action report -