Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

RE: Gas Skimmers

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:13:19 +1100
Subject: RE: Gas Skimmers

The high losses the previous week were unusual losses.	I estimated
normal losses at about 1 every 3 months for this, which gives a skimmer
fleet of about 15-20 ships servicing the station.
The reason for the VW hull, is that full streamlining eats so much mass,
plus powerful enough drives to escape a gas giant's gravity well doesn't
leave much.  Everything is built to the minimum required to maximise
tankage.  As soon as I increase the hull, the mass doubles to maintain
the same tankage.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
They seek him here, they seek him there;
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That damned elusive, Pimpernel.
	- 'The Scarlet Pimpernel', Baroness Emma Orkzy