Prev: WSGS Tournament Next: Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .

Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:55:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

<snip>

.  Makes using captured equipment difficult in the extreme,
>protects sensitive data (The divisional commander and his staff is
dead,
>your commandos power up the Divisional AI Mainframe. . . it asks for an
>IFF reading anywhere in the vicinity, finds nothing, and formats the
>hard drives), and oh-by-the-way, keeps your grunts from being shredded
>by APFCs.  It only recieves and responds to IFF interrogations from
>friendly equipment, not a continuous transmission, so your guys can't
be
>tracked by their little brain beacons.
>
>What do ya'll think?
>
>John M. Atkinson

What happens when the other guy figures out the frequency / code to your
implants and mimics the IFF interrogation signal - revealing all your
troops OR creating boobytraps / mines that use your IFF to trigger, etc
etc
etc.

Would yours "turn off" if the "carrier" dies?  If they did, you wouldn't
be
able to use them as easily for identification of casualties.  If they
didn't, my commandos would be hacking off the heads of your divisional
commander and staff to use as access keys to the mainframe...

Just a thought

Adrian

Prev: WSGS Tournament Next: Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .