Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:52:06 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

> > The Prime Minister in Canada isn't elected as such.  We vote for our
> > local MPs by political party.  The party leader of the party with
the
> > most seats in the House of Commons is by tradition asked to become
the
> > Prime Minister

Actually, the PM does need to be elected in his constituency.  If he
fails
there though, another member of the party would just hand over his
contituency to the PM.	The said MP will be out of a job, but he'll
usually be considered later for patronage positions.  (i.e. senate :()

Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N