Prev: RE: [SG] A couple of questions Next: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

Re: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:40:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

>Hello All:
>	I've been thinking of investing in a Revell B5 Space Station
model for
>use in Babylon 5 related games.  However, there is one thing that I
>dread.... painting with enamels.  Every time I use enamel paint on a
>model, I wind up ruining it no matter what I do.  I find acrylics are
>much easier to mix and control. I was wondering if anyone could
>recommend any techniques for painting plastic models with acrylics?
>
>--
>Happy Holidays,
>Mark A. Siefert

Try washing the plastic model while the parts are still on the sprues
with
a mild dish-washing detergent solution.  This will help get off any
residue
from the moulding process - like you would do with a resin model.  It
isn't
always necessary, but it won't hurt if you're careful not to lose bits.
Remember to rinse it well, or the detergent will inhibit the paint...

I've had no troubles with acrylics over plastic if I give the plastic a
good basecoat of primer (better two light coats than one heavy) - then
you
paint it normally like you would with acrylics over metal minis.

Adrian

Prev: RE: [SG] A couple of questions Next: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.