Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:18:06 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> We have a debt load per head already equivalent to a third world
> nation. We're making progress on our deficit, but that is only the
> annual debt INCREASE. And war is EXPENSIVE. Where do you think income
> tax comes from? Previous war costs. So... we start in the whole,
> it costs way more to field a force (not only in gross terms, but
> proportionately on a per man or machine basis), and we already are
> sadled with a debt.

Heh heh.  Or we can do it the American way, and say "screw social
services."  Which would not be well-accepted, except for a minority of
people.

> And yes, trying to make conscription fly would be another case
> like being put in a sack of wildcats and put in a shower. Far to
> painful for contemplation.

Also it would decrease the overall quality of the military by a *lot*.
Look at the French military, for example. <g>

-----
Abkai juse, fucihifusa, ejen sefu, coohai janggin, guwan i besise!
-----

Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Plastic Models and Acrylics.