Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:34:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

John M. Atkinson

> Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
> > > 2)The GZG infantry packs are designed for Stargrunt, not DSII,
> >
> > Um, John... are you *sure* GZG's 6mm infantry packs are designed for
> > SGII and not for DSII?
>
> Yes.	I've got one just to see what was in it.  Not a GMS/L in the
pack,
> and 4 GMS/Ps.  That's a Stargrunt weapons mix, not a DSII mix.  No
> APSWs, either.  It's simply little bitty Stargrunt figures, which
unless
> and until Jon officially rationalizes the lack of APSWs in Stargrunt
> (for me, the SAWs are built into the firepower of line squads) and the
> lack of GMS/Ps in DSII (As well as making them useful--why buy
> long-range buzz bombs when you can buy GMS/Ls?), they aren't really
> DSII figures.

I don't agree with you. If nothing else, the name of the 6mm line - DSM,
or DirtSide Miniatures - is a small hint of Jon's intentions with them
<g>

Since they represent the same forces as the SGII models - same universe,
like - they're miniature versions of the 25mm models. The line is
expanding rather fast - it's only existed for a year, if that! - and I
wouldn't be surprised if GZG turn out 2-man heavy weapon crews	someday
soon as well; but 'til then I just assume that the GSM/P and /L
categories are baked together into one in DSII.

BTW, the "long-ranged buzzbombs" and "GSM/P" are likely to be one and
the
same in a few years time, at least if the British MoD gets what they
want
in the current LAW "contest" :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry