Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

RE: GZG Events at Plattecon 99!

From: Mike Wikan <MWikan@m...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:33:59 -0800
Subject: RE: GZG Events at Plattecon 99!

Have "Player Cards" that give them simple, concise play data including
weapons, turn procedure, forces, objective briefings. Let them keep them
as
souvenirs.
Keep it simple. Figure how big a game you want and back off 20%. Then
you
will be able to finish and everyone will be happy.
Be very firm with the players. No rules lawyering. No fudging allowed on
measuring. Shoot the lawyers.

Have fun!

Michael Wikan
Game Design
Slave Zero
Accolade, Inc.
http://www.slavezero.com
mwikan@accolade.com
wikan@sprintmail.com
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
visit violence on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell

Plattecon, a
> Wisconsin game fair going on in March
> (http://vms.www.uwplatt.edu/~gaming/plattecon/).  Since this will be
my
> first attempt at running a game at a convention I was wondering what
> advice you guys could give me for running some games.
>
> --
> Happy Holidays,
> Mark A. Siefert
>
> E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		  WWW:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu

=

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles