Prev: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design Next: Re: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs)

Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 01:21:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion)

A very long time ago (2 weeks *is* long on the 'net), Steven Arrowsmith
wrote:

> All this system did was equal out the Kra'Vak point spread. Instead of
2
> to 1 ratio, now its 1 to 1. In More Thrust the example Kra'Vak Heavy
> Cruiser had a point value of 310, this was 1.302 times higher than the
> Human Heavy Cruiser listed at 238 in Full Thrust. This was the point
value
> I was trying to keep..

Why? The Va'Dok design in MT was usually capable of defeating more than
400 pts of Human ships, so why stick to the old ratio between human and
Kra'Vak points costs? The list suggestion (Schoon's? I don't remember
:-(
) of multiplying Kra'Vak points values with 1.5 for the MT rules was
pretty accurate, so unless you downgrade the new Kra'Vak a *lot* you'll
get rather inaccurate point costs if you try to stay close to the values
from MT...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design Next: Re: [FT] Scatterguns (was Keeping "Old" RGs)