Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:11:29 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
>
> > Someone's also never looked at a map of South Carolina.  South
> > Carolinians whipped Bastard Tarleton and his English friends hollow
> > using the swamps to hide in--this is Guerilla Country par
excellance.
> > You're not going to overrun it easily.
>
> Like he said though, there would be plenty of American help.	After
all
> this was the premise for the British and Canadian intervention in the
> first place.	The Americans called for them.
>
> > Uhhh. . . The Canadians can put a division on the ground if they
called
> > up every reservist they have.  And then they would be straining to
>
> Canada fielded a very large force (*much* more than a division) in
WWII,
> with a far smaller population, a less developed economy, and less
wealth
> in general.
>
> > deploy it--it wouldn't have the logistical tail to sustain long-term
> > operations removed from it's base of supply.  The Brits. . .well,
they
> > deployed a division to Desert Storm with massive US logistical help,
but
> > this required every functioning tank in their inventory.  Ooops. How
> > you'll deal with 10 Regular Army Divisions, 3 USMC Divisons, 8
National
> > Guard Divisions, 15 Enhanced Brigades, 1 USMCR Division, et al. is
going
> > to be interesting.	I'd bet there are States of the union with
larger
> > Air Forces than Canada--I know Texas has about as more tanks than
the UK
> > sent to Desert Storm.
>
> Isn't the whole point that the American military government invited
> intervention?  The B and C should not have to fight the entire US
> military.
>
> > Of course, I don't buy a serious civil war in the US to begin with.
But
> > that's a different rant.  Our military is not a very political one,
and
> > hasn't been since the Society of Cincinnatus.
>
> That's definitely true.  I have trouble seeing any western democracy
> suddenly having a serious civil war or coup.	Except maybe France.
> Of course, I also have trouble seeing European refugees forming a fake
> Roman Empire in space based on a previous fake Roman Empire. <g>

MUUUUSSSSTTTT CONTROOOOOOOLLLL FISSSSSTTTTT OFFFFF
DDDDDDEEEEAAAATTTTTHHHHHH........

It is no less likely than the Communist Chinese actually having the
logistical tail to overrun Russia, or the Saudis attacking and beating
Iraq, Iran, and Syria at the same time, or the French not rolling over
like a whipped dog when the Germans look at them cross-eyed, or any
number of things that are in the official background.

The "previous fake" I will ignore, since I'm bigger than that. Nyah,
nyah, nyah.  ;P

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units