Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

"British", was: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:31:30 +0100
Subject: "British", was: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

Allan Goodall wrote:

> >My real point being that the term British refers to the collective
> >inhabitants of the island group just West of France.
>
> Hmmm.... but how much "Briton" was left after the intermarrying with
the
> Romans (Roman-British) and the invasion of the Angles and Saxons???
*S*

Not too many. There are about 600,000 of them left in Wales today IIRC
:-) Unless my memory fails me entirely, modern Cymric is a direct
descendant to the old Brythonic language (as spoken by the ancient
Britons, from which the name "Britain" stems). The name "Cymru" wasn't
adopted until well after the Anglo-Saxon invasions IIRC, but our
resident
Cymru will have to fill in the details here :-)

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC